Tuesday, February 14, 2012

mom's quilt

front of mom's quilt
this one i made for my mom; actually, i began both my MIL's quilt and my mom's quilt at the same time, but finished MIL's first because they were coming for christmas (i will post pictures of my other gifts at a later time).  
i made tags for both quilts by printing them on my regular ink jet printer, an idea that i found here:  http://limelady.livejournal.com/106122.html via pinterest (oh, how i love pinterest!!).
detail
i am by far no expert and would never claim to be.  but, i have to say i am pretty pleased with the way this quilting turned out.  the find of a lifetime (imo, anyway) is this tracing paper that guides the quilting process, you can find it here:   http://columbiariverquilting.com/golden_threads_quilting_paper.html 
anyway, on my MIL's quilt, i cut out shapes on my cricut then traced them on the paper; in this instance, i traced the back of the quilt and used that as the pattern for the quilt on the front.  i would be happy to provide greater detail to anyone interested.
back of the quilt




No comments:

Post a Comment